(Nutrition advice based on genetic data)
($50 discount provided when combined with packages 2-3 above)
“A wonderful benefit of a nutrigenomics analysis is the ability to individualize diet, nutritional supplements and lifestyle recommendations tailored to you!” ~Tracey
The Nutrigenomics Analysis includes a review of your raw DNA data related to the most evidence-based nutritional SNP’s. The analysis will include consideration of your primary health concerns and symptoms. You will be provided with specific lifestyle and dietary interventions related to methylation, detoxification and additional SNPs that are tied to nutrition. Here are several examples of what is included in a Nutrigenomics Analysis:
- Methylation reviews of four key pathways; 1) Transsulferation, 2) Methionine to Homocysteine, 3) Folate, and, 4) Biopterin. SNPs can affect your ability to make the major methyl donor, SAMe and/or break down homocysteine, for example. Some SNPS affect your ability to make the major antioxidant glutathione.
- Detoxification is closely linked to methylation. SNPS related to the breakdown of estrogen, sulfites, glutamate and ROS (reactive oxygen species) will be reviewed.
- Nutrition-specific SNPs of importance include the APOE mutations that can increase risk of heart disease and Alzheimer’s, HFE mutations that increase risk of hemochromatosis and PON1 mutations that can affect your ability to detoxify pesticides where organic produce may be the best option for you.
- SNPs related to gut health and function will be reviewed such as FUT2 that impacts your mucosal lining, AGXT that affects your ability to degrade glyphosate and may make you more susceptible to yeast overgrowth and HLA SNPs that are linked to gluten intolerance/celiac disease.
The analysis includes a personalized review and write-up of recommendations (this takes Tracey 2-3 hours), a 7+page summary and a 75-90 minute phone or virtual consult to discuss results, lifestyle and diet recommendations, any supplement recommendations, lab tests recommendations that may offer additional insight into your health concerns, and to answer your questions. Other relevant supportive material is included such as a list of nutrients to support SNPS, and ideas for sleep support, stress management, and how to avoid environmental estrogens.
Tracey finds that the recommendations are greatly enhanced when clients also have a SpectraCell Micronutrient blood test to assess for nutrient deficiencies within the cell. This is optional, but is useful to guide your individualized care. See an example and cost of this test under Labs under the Work with Me tab.
You will be provided with recommendations for foods to eat, lifestyle changes and other lab tests to consider and/or discuss with your doctor. Tracey can assist you with many recommended functional medicine labs or some clients opt to share their report from Tracey with their doctor for further advice or follow up. Dr. Jeffery Bland, PhD. and the father of Functional Medicine recently stated, “The future of healthcare is self care.” Learning about your genetics is one tool you can use to help guide your path toward health. A wonderful benefit of a nutrigenomics analysis is the ability to individualize diet, nutritional supplements and lifestyle recommendations tailored to you!
Here is how it works:
- The DNA testing is performed by a service such as Ancestry.com or 23andMe using a saliva sample. You order your own test kit and send in your saliva sample. See my Lab Testing page for information on DNA testing services. Due to a change in the current chip(V5) used by 23andMe, Tracey is now recommending Ancestry.com over 23andMe for your DNA testing service. Tracey can still evaluate 23andMe data, but the number of SNPs reported has been decreased. Once you receive you results contact Tracey. Depending on which site your use this can take from 4-6 weeks up to 3 months. . The kit will cost about $99, but sales are offered regularly and there may be a discount for purchasing multiple kits.
- You will upload your data to MTHFRsupport.com for $30 and share your login with Tracey. Tracey will provide you with instructions on how to do this, or find the instructions under client forms.
- Pay for the analysis with Tracey via check, your checking account or credit card (see price at the top of the page). Tracey will invoice you through Practice Better or Quickbooks. Tracey provides you with an insurance superbill. Insurance will not cover a nutrigenomics analysis, but some clients report they are able to pay for this service using an HSA-type account.
- Schedule your appointment with Tracey. Right now we are booking out about 2 weeks once we receive your MTHFRsupport login and payment for appointments.
- Note: Tracey is also able to review your Stratagene report from Seeking Health. Send her a contact request for more information about this option.
- Nutrigenomics is a very useful tool in the health toolbox. It allows for individualizing and tailoring your health journey based on your unique genetics. Tracey is most happy to help you make sense of your genetics as related to nutrition and lifestyle. She is committed to continuing her Nutrigenomics education, setting aside 6-10 hours each week to study and remain as currant as possible with the ever new and emerging scientific information.