Sunflower Seed Butter Bites
Make this great snack when you are in a hurry. A hint of maple syrup is all you need since coconut has a natural sweet taste. See the options for adding cinnamon and/or coating the bites with dark chocolate! Because they disappear so fast I usually double the recipe.
- 1 cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup organic coconut flour
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup organic sunflower seed butter (Sunbutter)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Optional: 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Option for a chocolate coating: 1 cup of dark chocolate chips plus 2 teaspoons coconut oil melted
- Combine shredded coconut, coconut flour and sea salt (and optional cinnamon a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add sunflower seed butter, coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir until all ingredients are mixed together well.
- Use a cookie dough scoop to make small, approximately 1-inch size balls of the mix. Place on a large plate. Place in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes until set. Enjoy.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Optional idea for chocolate coating: using two forks dip balls in melted dark chocolate /coconut oil mixture. Place on parchment to cool and harden in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
Makes about 16 1-inch bites.