(Nutrition advice based on genetic data)
($50 discount provided when combined with packages 2-4 above)
The Nutrigenomics Analysis includes a review of your raw DNA data related to the most evidence-based nutritional SNP’s. The analysis will include consideration of your primary health concerns and symptoms. You will be provided with specific lifestyle and dietary interventions related to methylation, detoxification and additional SNPs that are tied to nutrition. Here are several examples of what is included in a Nutrigenomics Analysis:
- Methylation reviews four key pathways; 1) Transsulferation, 2) Methionine to Homocysteine, 3) Folate, and, 4) Biopterin. SNPs can affect your ability to make the major methyl donor, SAMe and/or break down homocysteine, for example. Some SNPS affect your ability to make the major antioxidant glutathione.
- Detoxification is closely linked to methylation. SNPS related to the breakdown of estrogen, sulfites, glutamate and ROS (reactive oxygen species) will be reviewed.
- Nutrition-specific SNPs of importance include the APOE mutations that can increase risk of heart disease and Alzheimer’s, HFE mutations that increase risk of hemochromatosis and PON1 mutations that can affect your ability to detoxify pesticides where organic produce may be the best option for you.
The analysis includes a personalized review and write-up of recommendations (this takes Tracey 2-3 hours), a 7-page summary and a 60-75 minute phone or Skype consult to discuss results, lifestyle and diet recommendations, any supplement recommendations and to answer your questions. Other relevant supportive material is included such as a list of nutrients to support SNPS, and ideas for sleep support, stress management, and how to avoid environmental estrogens.
Tracey finds that the recommendations are greatly enhanced when clients also have a SpectraCell Micronutrient blood test to assess for nutrient deficiencies within the cell. This is optional, but is useful to guide your individualized care. See an example and cost of this test under Labs under the Work with Me tab.
You will be provided with recommendations for foods to eat, lifestyle changes and other lab tests to consider and/or discuss with your doctor. Some clients opt to share their report from Tracey with their doctor for further advice or follow up. Dr. Jeffery Bland, PhD. and the father of Functional Medicine recently stated, “The future of healthcare is self care.” Learning about your genetics is one tool you can use to help guide your path toward health.
Here is how it works:
- The DNA testing is performed by a service such as Ancestry.com or 23 and Me using a saliva sample. You order your own test kit and send in your saliva sample. See my Lab Testing page for information on DNA testing services. Once you receive you results contact Tracey. Depending on which site your use this can take from 4-6 weeks up to 3 months. 23 and Me is quicker than Ancestry at this time. The kit will cost about $99.
- You will upload your data to MTHFRsupport for $30 and share your login with Tracey.
- Pay for the analysis with Tracey via check or credit card (see price at the top of the page).
- Schedule your appointment with Tracey. Right now we are booking out about 2 weeks once we receive your MTHFRsupport login and payment for appointments.
Note: Tracey is also able to review your Stratagene report from Seeking Health. Send her a contact request for more information about this option.
Nutrigenomics is a very useful tool in the health toolbox. It allows for individualizing and tailoring your health journey based on your unique genetics. Tracey is most happy to help you make sense of your genetics as related to nutrition and lifestyle. She is committed to continuing her Nutrigenomics education, setting aside 6-10 hours each week to study and remain as currant as possible with the ever new and emerging scientific information.